I have received my very first blogging award, the Liebster Award!! This nomination comes from my long time friend, Carra’s Life. I am so excited! It reaffirms to me that people do read my blog and that I am, in fact, making a difference. Thank you so much Carra! Here are the rules of this Award:
I was asked to answer these 11 questions, my answers are as follows:
1. If you could sit down and talk to anyone, past present or future, for one hour who would it be and why?
I would want to talk with my grandma. She passed away in February of 2011 and I’ve never really gotten over it. She was the one who instilled my love for travel and she taught me so many things. I want to hug her one more time and hear her laugh.
2. How did you overcome a tough time in life? Would you say that the experience made you stronger?
There was a point in my senior year that I was battling some major depression. I was able to overcome it by having family around me, they knew when to talk to me and when to leave me alone. I would not be who am today without having the experiences I did in that year.. so yes it made me stronger.
3. What gives you the desire to write a blog?
I started my blog as an alternative to facebook. But as I looked into it more I decided to make this my full time job so I could be location independent and still have money to travel full time!
4. What is your favorite downtime activity?
Reading! I just had a baby and she’s currently a very active 8 month old so I haven’t had a lot of downtime for awhile but anytime I need to take a break from reality I just curl up with a good book. It gives me time to recharge.
5. If you could go back, or forward, in time, where would you go?
I don’t think I’d want to go anywhere, actually. I like where I’m at, if I went back I could change something in the past that could affect this. If I go forward I spoil all the surprises! Nope, I’m good right here.
6. What is something you have always wanted to do?
TRAVEL. Full time, all the time. I am slowly working on being able to do this with the help of this blog!
7. If you could pick one profession to have for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Ummm blogging I suppose? But on a broader level I think I’d be happy doing anything that allowed me to see the world
8. Would you do anything in your life over just so you could choose a different path?
Nope, I started out ‘slow’ but I’m getting to where I want to be.
9. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
On the banks of some far off place, with Daddy Owl and my 10 1/2 year old. Playing in the water and probably getting sunburned.
10. If you could talk to your 16 year old self, what would you say?
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalm down. Think ahead… just… not that far. And don’t forget to focus on right now.
11. If you were an emotion in somebody’s head, what emotion would you be? Whose head would you be in?
If I were an emotion, I hope I’d be dreamer, or maybe ambition. I’d want to be in whoever’s head needed me most.
Now, for my nominees, in no particular order!
- Boho Berry
- Best Kept Self
- Tilta Mom
- The Logical Traveler
- This Modest Mom
- Super Busy Mom 2.0
- Parenting the Spectrum
- Miss Expatin
- Simple Acres
- A Little Miss Pudgy
- I Just Can’t Cake This
To my nominees, I give you the following 11 questions and look forward to reading each one’s answers.
- Why did you start a blog?
- What is your number one dream?
- What is your favorite recipe and why?
- What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What’s on top of your favorite pizza?
- If you could wake up tomorrow in the body of someone else, who would you pick and why?
- What were you doing 3 hours ago?
- How do you escape reality?
- What do you constantly think about?
- What’s your worst habit?
I look forward to reading some great blog posts. Also, please feel free to visit the blogs that I nominated. They are blogs that I follow and I enjoy reading them.